How to Install Receipt Printer
To be able to print receipts from Route Clean, you must first install a piece of software to your computer to allow the website to
connect directly to your printer. If you don't already have it downloaded, you can find the installer here.
After clicking the link, a window similar to the following image should appear, depending on your web browser. If it didn't automatically save the
file, click the "Save" button.
- Next, click the downloads button (shaped like an arrow pointing down) to view your downloaded file
- Click the file you just downloaded and the Setup Wizard will appear to guide you through the installation
- No special configuration is required, you can just keep clicking next until the installation is complete.
- You may be prompted with a confirmation from "User Account Control" at this point. If you are, just click the Yes button to confirm you want to
install the software to your computer
- At this point, you can click the Close button on the Setup Wizard and open the program itself.
- The installation will add a shortcut to your desktop to open the Route Clean Printer, or you can search the name of it from your Start menu
- Once open, you will see this screen. Click the Settings button to configure your printer
- Click on the "Receipt Settings" tab. Here is where you will find all the settings relevant to your receipt printer. Start by choosing your printer
source. This dropdown list will show all the printers found on your computer. Choose the appropriate one for yourself. Optionally, you can also choose
the paper type. If no paper type is set, the software will use your default paper settings, which usually work just fine. However, if you're noticing
that your receipts are printing too long, or getting cut off, or any other weird issues, try setting this to an explicit value.
- Once you're happy with the printer settings, you can click the Print Test Receipt button to print a sample receipt.
- More likely than not, you will have text getting cut off of one or more sides, or you may have a larger margin than necessary.
The top, bottom, left and right page margins can be individually set on this page as well, just by changing the number in each of the corresponding
boxes. This can be partially trial and error, as it's different for all receipt printers. Just keep using the Print Test Receipt button
until you're happy with the results.
- Next, you can simply close the settings page, everything will be saved immediately after making the changes
If you see "Connected to server", your receipt printer should be ready for printing!
pas encore de contenu
no hay contenido todavía